10 December 2010

Body Language Secrets

Recently I watched the “How to get what you want” episode 3 “Winning” of the series “Body Language Secrets” on Sky. When I was watching the episode I kept thinking how relevant and useful some of their tips were for me in relation to doing well as an artist and making Noctivagus: Wandering by Night successful.

First tip was to have small but achievable goals towards the larger ambition. As soon as I heard this I thought, “yes I agree. This does work”. The reason I say this was before I started version 2 of my yaoi manga I set out about coming up with small little goals to achieve as I went along. Once each one is complete there is a sense of achievement (as opposed to letting the enormity of the task at hand become too much to mentally deal with).

The second tip (which I have recently put into practise) is to think positively and to visualise a task being completed and successful. If you visualised it being successful it was more likely to succeed. Hence when I was in work the other day (and it was a quiet period of the shift), I was visualising what the next page was going to look like and I have to say it really did help. It helped me to break down what images would be good on the page and even over the next few pages. Even better was the fact I could work on my manga in this way without actually being infront of my computer!

Below is a quick rough sketch I did from what I had previously visualised while at work. Here is hoping for some more quiet shifts where I can sit there visualising my manga ^_^.


No comments: